Labor day

Brahern02

Name or Nickame
Brendan
What’s everyone making for Labor Day this year? I’m debating on smoking or grilling this year. Depends on how many people are coming. I’m thinking of doing bbq beef with a couple chuck roasts and/or doing pulled pork. Might also do some ribs. Only one pulled meat if I do ribs. Hotdogs on the gasser for the kids.

Corn on the cob, potato salad, baked beans. Etc. Might do some sliced potatoes and onions on the Blackstone. We will see. I love cooking so either way, I win.

What are the rest of you doing?

I've got a 19lb prime brisket in the fridge that I'm considering cooking next weekend by hanging in my Clonesaker - I've never cooked a brisket in that manner and it's been a long time since I did one in a drum at all so I'm unsure if I want to try something new for guests or not...

Our family is making a big thing of it. We have a festival in town each year, but it's closed for the covids.

One of the sister in laws is having her 'last pool party of the year' before they close that down, and the theme is Tropical. So I was thinking spam fried rice on the blackstone.

The next night is the brother in law hosting a 'movie under the stars' or something, with 'bring your favorite festival food' so I'm not sure what I'll cook for that. Likely a few pork shoulders as we are having a 1/4 of beef delivered in an hour or so, and those shoulders are taking up a lot of space.

Back