THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK. SakuSaku this is not, and that's OK. It's fricking delicious none-the-less.

I need friends to help with the flavor memory to build the right sauce. Mine has too much Gochujang; is a bit thick; needs to be a bit sweeter; and needs more heat.

That said, this is delicious Korean Fried Chicken tenders (and regular American chicken tendies)...

gPLmYGOl.jpg

You got that nice looking breading from just the Louisiana breading and the air fryer or did you have to doctor it up?

You have to go to bonchon if you can. The only location in AZ is in Tempe, but there are a ton of them out west if you do any traveling. The double fried Spicy garlic wings are the best commercial korean chicken around.

You got that nice looking breading from just the Louisiana breading and the air fryer or did you have to doctor it up?

This was our first time doing fried chicken in the air fryer (to my recollection), so I just stuck with the basics and directions from the box. I made an egg wash and let the chicken sit in it for a little, then let the chicken sit in the breader for about 10-15 with one flip/recoating... kind of like we've done with our kettle fried chicken (more traditional Southern Fried Chicken recipe).

If I just want plain old chicken tenders, this is the basic recipe I think I'll use going forward.

I also think you should try different breading/coating options. I think some of the sweetness actually comes from the typical Korean fried chicken coating. It is a rice flour batter I think, kind of similar to tempura, but there are some differences for sure.

Couldn't find our bag of potato starch, so we used corn starch and an egg white to build some crunch. Next time, I'd like to try the potato starch option, and perhaps something like panko breadcrumbs that's light and crunchy.

You have to go to bonchon if you can. The only location in AZ is in Tempe, but there are a ton of them out west if you do any traveling. The double fried Spicy garlic wings are the best commercial korean chicken around.

Thanks for the good word on these guys. Once we can get this CV-19 mess in the rearview mirror and do some exploration as a family, this will go on the list (adding the place as a "Want To Go" pin to my Google Maps here in a minute).

Back