THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moocow

is Blowin Smoke!
Got home from the kookers kare charity cook this morning. it was a lot of fun and there were a lot of Brethren there cooking and and helping out. I think we cooked 3000 pounds of pork butts and donated 5000 pounds of fresh butts for Harvesters to do what ever they want with. I think they sold 500 slabs of ribs to. Finished up the night with a poker tourny. You might know some of the Brethren at the final table. Half the pot went to the charity. :eusa_clapJust wanted to think every body who put this on!

Attachments

• IMGP2167.jpg
    IMGP2167.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMGP2163.jpg
    IMGP2163.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMGP2180.jpg
    IMGP2180.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 87
This was a great event! And guys like Vern, and Moo Cow made it happen!
We did cook 3000lbs of pork, and 509 slabs of ribs. We also provided harvesters with 5000lbs of raw product.

the amazing thing, is that it will all be gone by mid week. The poker tournament was also a success with 21 of the cooks vying for 1/2 of the entry fee.

BBQ'ers GIVE. Thanks to everyone who spent Friday and Sat. helping.

Kookers Kare couldn't provide the help we do without the support of the BBQ Community at large. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!

Hey Andy, great job on the poker tournament and every thing else you did! You guys should organize contests like kookers kare where the meat is brought right to you and then picked up up when it is done. Now that would be a big contest perk!!

Sorry I missed this. It is on my list of "things to do in BBQ." Great job to all that cooked and helped out. Any chance there will be another one in 2009 or is this a 1 time event per year?

Jon

Last edited:
Kookers Kare provides Turkeys in the fall (raw product), and specific needs to pantries in need that arise. In the spring, The food pantries are bare... Everyone has donated for holidays, and are paying off thier Christmas Bills, taxes, etc. This time of year is tough for the places that need it most. We do our large cook during this season to help stem the tide when donations are slim.

We work all year planning and fundraising however. You will KK folks selling blinkies at contests, raffle tickets for donated cooker, etc. all season long. The kickoff to the year this year was the Kookers Kare Winter FunFest.

We are always looking for help, so you are welcome anytime. I dont do much... Craig and Patty K., Steph Wilson, Gary and Gerry B. those are the heavy lifters. And all the folks that donate $$, entries, hogs, etc. For example Kurtzweil's provided one of the hogs for FunFest, cooked and ready to go, plus gave an entry to thier fall contest. Oklahoma Joes/KC BBQ store are also always first in line to give. We couldnt make it without folks like that, who continue to give selflessly. I just do what Steph tells me - I make a great lackey.

Back