KAPN makes some Jerky---really LOOOONNG!

Excellent post, it is clearly a lot of work just writing up the process. I've been making jerky in MUCH SMALLER batches for years. Use only an electric dehydrator but add liquid smoke for flavor. (Is that going to get me kicked off the forum? LOL Hope not!) Maybe I should try getting some real smoke into it. I also use only black pepper for the final dusting; Emeril’s Essence would obviously bring a more complex flavor. Thanks for the ideas!

Thanks for all the kind words.
This project has been "on the back burner" for quite a while.
Twas time to get off my azz and do it.

That's a quality post! Thanks so much. BTW I love the BAM on your shaker!!

"BAM" was fitting, I thought :-D
Love the stuff.

TIM

I have found the best way to quality jerky, is :
1. Make good friends like the Kapn, lol!
2. Surround yourself with people who are good jerky makers.
3. Offer up some meat every now and then. He He!

I was one of the lucky ones who got to taste this recipe. It was great. Hey Kapn, I just happen to be a deer hunter too, so next season I will save you some Venison if you will make me somemore of that great jerky.
Great post!
Charlie

I have found the best way to quality jerky, is :
1. Make good friends like the Kapn, lol!
2. Surround yourself with people who are good jerky makers.
3. Offer up some meat every now and then. He He!

I was one of the lucky ones who got to taste this recipe. It was great. Hey Kapn, I just happen to be a deer hunter too, so next season I will save you some Venison if you will make me somemore of that great jerky.
Great post!
Charlie

You got it!

I do Venison Jerky on "halvsies"--works fine.

Glad you enjoyed the Jerky.

TIM

awesome post........ thanks

I've only done two batches, and the second one was with tri-tip and sooooo good.

Bump, Da_Bump

I was searching Beef Jerky and came across this one. I did not even read the entire process yet but knew it was a keeper. Saved this one!

Thanks for the bump! I've been thinking about trying this.

Thanks for bringing this up to the top MS, what a great tutorial. :-D

Wow... I've got a couple of roasts in the freezer and was trying to think of what to do with them... NOW I KNOW!!!!!

Thanks so much for a great post! Lots of people will use this. Very well written with adequate PRON. Thanks!

Outstanding writeup, thank you very much for taking the time and effort to share the information.

With not having a dehydrator, I think I will save the Jerky project till some future date.
Good to know about using Eye of Round tho.
Only decent recipe I had found for Eye of Round was having it stuffed with Chorizo, then cooked.

Back