Jeff Jones

CaptGrumpy

is one Smokin' Farker
I received a pm from a newbie that asked about smokin' wood here in the Sacramento area and since he is so new he can't receive replies so this is for him.
Jeff,
What kind of smoker are you using. If you are burning lump and looking for chunks (apple, cherry, alder and such) then I would make a drive to San Francisco down by the Cow Palace to Lazzari for 50# bags of chunk and load up on lump as well while you are there. Beats the hell out of doing it yourself.
If you are burning whole logs then I would take a look at the firewood lot on Auburn Blvd between Madison & Greenback. Cherry wood is cherry wood and is great for smoking and the same goes for apple it's just so space consuming to store loads of logs for my taste so I buy the wood already chunked and store it in plastic garbage cans to keep it dry and spider-free.
If you have any other questions feel free to call me on my cell at (916) 595-4533
Chris

As for the rest of you lazy farks, I have been too busy fishing and taking care of business around here to get on the computer with the exception of once or twice a week for about 1/2 hour to do email.
I am still Egging like a crazed fool and keeping my daughter's boyfriend well fed so that he is too tired to get into any kind of trouble resulting in great bodily injury and asll is well on the homefront. I have kept my weight off from last year and strill at 225 and going to the gym 3 times a week with the wife as well as riding the bike a couple times a week for 30 -50 mile rides burning 2000 to 5000 calories. No new pron for the mass hords but this fall I will be back into the swing of things with pics from the fall elk hunt in Idaho as well as a bunch of new duck & goose recipes for the egg clan.
Now I have to go get my trailer ready for 9 days at Eagle Lake so I can creat so serious trout meals on my traveling small and medium BGEs.

i juswt released all the new/waiting IDS. He should be able to receive now.

Back