It's All My Fault

wire-it-up

is one Smokin' Farker
Greetings Brethren. I had a coworker level an accusation at me yesterday. Seems he ordered a new Grilla pellet grill, and spent over a grand after adding pellets and accessories to the order. He said he never would have spent the money if it weren't for me blathering about smoked meats all the time at work. I took him a pork steak once, and he left it in his mini fridge so long that it went bad and he had to toss it. When that happened, I thought he just wasn't into BBQ.

Anyway, his purchase got me thinking. I believe I am now directly responsible for 3 people buying smokers. Not quite a pandemic, but definitely something that seems at least mildly contagious. I was curious as to how many Brethren have caused other people to get into the world of low and slow. I'm sure it happens a lot.

I’ve personally convinced 5 people to buy Eggs, another a WSM and 2 more pellet cookers. Still waiting on my commission checks

Of the 3 people who bought smokers because of my influence, none of them were verbally encouraged to do so by me. I've never told anyone they should buy a smoker. One was a next door neighbor who was probably swayed by the smoke constantly billowing across the fence into his backyard. I also gave him food a few times before the Traeger suddenly showed up on his back deck. Another was the neighbor directly across the street from me, who got a rack of ribs once. He bought a smoker within a few days of that. The third was my coworker, who has never sampled my food.

A fourth "victim" may be in the works. My sister is in the market for a smoker, but I'll have to split the blame for that with my brother, who passed the bug on to me.

If he was a member here, he'd spent that much (and more) by now.

There is no social distancing on the Brethren Hype train.

He will thank you sooner or later for "making" him buy that cooker.

I think I'm directly responsible for 4 people buying smokers so far. It doesn't help that I might find deals on cookers I would buy but don't need to and send them the links ha

I don't know if it counts, but I have several friends and coworkers who want me to build them a UDS after they saw mine and the results from cooking on it.

Three I think, but if this is a contest, Robb wins hands down [emoji23]
Pellet poppers maybe. My money is on Smitty! If you throw in audio gear there's no contest! [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I got 4 people interested in cooking BBQ.. Truth be told.. They have made some decent stuff.. But I'm the only one that takes things to the next level and really learns the art of BBQ

I don't know if it counts, but I have several friends and coworkers who want me to build them a UDS after they saw mine and the results from cooking on it.

That definitely counts. You caused them to want a smoker. Now, if I caused people to want me to build them a smoker, I may clam up about the virtues of low and slow. I'm so busy at work that "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Back