THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Love chicken cooked on the PBC, but decided to mix it up a bit by making some Huli-Huli variety. Found a good recipe and instructions here.

Turned out very juicy with crispy skin and a nice sweet flavor.

If you just want the sauce recipe here you go:

1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup shoyu sauce
2 tablespoons chicken broth
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced Garlic

While the meat is cooking prepare the Huli-Huli sauce in a medium saucepan on the stove. Mix all the ingredients, let it simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat and let it cool down until it thickens. Reserve a cup of the sauce for dipping and use the rest for basting.

And a few pics (pretend that the drippings on the outer edge of the plate are design elements):

Thanks for looking.

Thanks all for your kind words. Looking forward to seeing some other folks posting pics when they give the recipe a try!

Well done Bob. I think that may be the order of the day for my Sunday cook with a couple of friends. Thanks for sharing the recipe. What beer did you pair it with if I may ask?

Well done Bob. I think that may be the order of the day for my Sunday cook with a couple of friends. Thanks for sharing the recipe. What beer did you pair it with if I may ask?

Good question. I had a Blue Moon as it was the only beer in the fridge! No forethought was put into the selection.

Back