Huge Weekend Cook on Stumps Baby XL - Pron

Impressive and looks delicious..You had me stumped when you cooked the beans first.I see now it was all giveaway food to be reheated later.Makes more sense.Good on ya!

Yes, you are correct. All food was served on Sunday/Monday. My best guess is that I fed around 40 people with quite a bit of leftovers. The favorites included the brisket and mostly the beans. Everyone loves those Wampus beans. You must try them and if you need the recipe please let me know and I’ll post it. Those beans are crowd pleasures, guaranteed...!

Did you rotate your racks on the ribs? I’m about three cooks in on my new stumps classic and so far have only done three slab cooks and two brisket cooks. I’m wondering how the cook is going to go when I load 4 or 5 racks down with four slabs each.

Did you rotate your racks on the ribs? I’m about three cooks in on my new stumps classic and so far have only done three slab cooks and two brisket cooks. I’m wondering how the cook is going to go when I load 4 or 5 racks down with four slabs each.

Great question.....

My 13 hour Brisket and Butts cook, use top two shelves and no rotation.

Yes, I did rotate the racks of ribs on an hourly basis during my spritzing. I use only the top three shelves, 3 racks/shelf, the lower shelf is worthless as way too much heat.

It’s not a huge inconvenience to rotate but definitely needed to ensure all racks finish up about the same time.

Good luck,

Back