Howdy from Washington state!

Maynerd

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
Maynerd
Hey all,

I'm very much an amateur BBQ cook, I've been grilling for 20 years but I'm not really that good LOL! I do love BBQ and meats though!

I started out using the typical propane gas grills. One day at the Costco they had a 'show' where some guy was showing off an interesting grill. Without ever seeing a pellet grill before, I threw money at the guy (technically slid my card at the Costco check out line) and walked out with a grill. Yup Traeger was my first pellet grill. Over the years I've turned out some pretty nice meats with not much effort. A low skilled BBQ'r like me was able to cook some decent food, I was hooked. I am too lazy and don't have the time to perfect the craft. That being said I'm still open to learning more and trying new things when I have some extra time.

I moved on from Traeger because I could not get the temperature high enough to do a good sear on a steak and it made me mad. LOL So I decided to hunt for a new grill. A new player came into the market around the time I started looking for a new rig..... Firecraft and I picked up one of their grills and was quite happy until recently. The controller failed on me and when I tried to reach out to Firecraft they appear to have gone out of business. So I'm now stuck with a non-working grill.

I'm researching my next grill that will be my workhorse for hopefully many years to come. I hope to use the resources on this site help me find that grill and will lurk around here learning how people do some proper BBQ and occasionally drop some comments on a thread here or there.

I'm looking forward to being a small part in this big community.

Thanks for reading! :)

Welcome

If you are like most of us, you will end up with several grills to be able to cook different meats and styles of cooking.

I have pellet, stick burner, smoke house, gas, and the Weber kettle is my go to for searing steaks.

You will get many opinions on what the best grill is but I cannot have just 1.

Welocme to the asylum!

I am not familiar with the controller that Firecraft used, but it may have been made for them by someone else. Try posting in QTalk to see if Andy other Firecraft owners have run into issues. There maybe a way to get a controller from someone else.

Welcome to the Brethren! Bummer about Firecraft, they were once upon a time a fantastic company! I have seen more than one guy now in your dilemma. I am almost certain that I remember them saying they bought a replacement controller through Rec-Tec and that the swap out was quite simple and worked well.

Thanks all for the welcome. I'll post a question about controllers in Qtalk and see what comes up.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back