Howdy From Texas

BeardedBassGuy

Full Fledged Farker
Howdy Y'all.

Thanks for letting me join the forum. I have been lurking for quite a while, and finally decided to get involved. I'm a lifetime lover of BBQ, and finally decided to try my hand at my own stuff this past year. I've helped my dad with the occasional brisket, but he only smokes on special occasions, and helped man the pit with friends so I wasn't a total newbie, but close.

I started off with an MES40 and was getting really really good flavors, and was pushed to go "real" by family and friends. So, I've got a medium size offset reverse flow a friend made waiting for me. (We have been temporarily displaced due to a house-fire. Unrelated to smoking thankfully) and I'm currently in the beginning stages of discussing a build with Tyler at Shirley Fab. Will be putting my deposit down in a week or two. 23 months was my wait time, but from what I've seen, they are worth it.

My BBQ influences are mostly from East Texas where I am originally from, so they differ slightly from the traditional "Texas BBQ" though I believe firmly in the central Texas style of brisket.

Other than that, I'm 38, have an amazing wife who loves my smoked meat, a 3 year old boy who is the light of my life... I love music and play bass guitar... and I love West Ham United, that's a soccer team in England.

Thanks again for having me, and I look forward to being a part of this community.

Welcome to the Brethren!! :mrgreen:

Come on out to the Texas BBQ Brethren Bash on 11-11-2017!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back