THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dbhost

Knows what a fatty is.
Sorry, no mug shots, but howdy, from coastal Texas just south of Houston.
I've been on this forum now for, heck not sure, since 2005 or 2006.... Back then I had a nice new New Braunfels Bandera smoker. In 2008 Hurricane Ike removed the shed in my back yard, and insurance wouldn't cover it, so the poor thing was left subject to the elements and rusted out. Dang pity too because it was a good smoker..

The ecconomy flop of 2008 ish clobbered us, and we haven't really been able to fully bounce back so cut backs were in order. I have gone from a Weber Smokey Joe Gold, and a New Braunfels Bandera, to a Weber Smokey Joe Silver (I actually like it better than the gold model!) and a new to me this week Weber Jumbo Joe Premium 22". Basically the Walmart special version of the 22" weber kettle with the shallow bottom bowl...

I work in IT, and to blow off stress I do woodworking, play music (guitar and bass), when time and budget allow, we love to camp, hunt and fish, and of course BBQ...

I've learned a lot of tricks behind using the little Smokey Joe, and made a lot of mistakes. While I am certainly no competition BBQ cook, I can smoke, and grill right up there with the locals no problem...

Love to do a dry rubbed smoke and all sorts of grilled...

Always looking for a new twist to the whole thing. New recipes, new ideas, new techniques, and sadly due to budget, now ways to get the most function out of the budget friendly section of the BBQ equipement shelves...

Back