How to store a 17" Blackstone Griddle?

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Joedy
I found a sweet deal at the beginning of football season on a 17" Blackstone griddle...Normally $84 got it at Wal-mart for $48. Now I am about to season it for use and I am questioning how other owners store their griddle. I have seen carry bags and the elastic cover for it. Will this work in a humid climate without rusting? Anyone have any outside the box ideas that work well for them?

We bought this:

Blackstone 1720 Tabletop Griddle Cover and Carry Bag Set - 17"

We have several of the 48" commercial wire black shelving units in our kitchen, with one of those 6 shelf units storing small appliances, and larger cookware pieces as well as the 17".

The 17" stays covered when on the shelves with the above cover, but not in the bag. Bag gets stored under the drop on cover, on top of the overturned griddle. No rust or issues from storing under just the cover. But that is to be expected being stored inside.

I would be hesitant to keep it stored zipped up in the carry bag due to lack of airflow, but have no long term test results. Bag only gets used when transporting either camping, tailgating, or onto the pontoon boat. And it works great for transporting. I do like that the griddle can be in the vertical while in the bag.

I have the 22" with the metal cover. The griddle stays outside on my back porch when we are not camping .I clean it after each use and apply a light coat of oil and have no problem with rust. I live in Florida and the humidity is pretty damn high here.

Base unit,gas fitting and canister in patio shed. It’s own small top shelf. I keep the griddle top inside my SOB. I remove the top while cooking on SOB, I place the griddle top back inside lightly oiled each time I use the SOB and it rides the heat down—stays well seasoned. Literally takes less than a minute to set up and seconds to maintain season

Last edited:
Back