how to plan hour by hour a bbq party ?

mizouille

Found some matches.
Hello,
i'm mizouille (french guy, so sorry for my poor english ! lol)

For my birthday, i want to do a big bbq party with :
smockeh chicken, brisket, pulled pork and ribs and coleslaw, corn on the cob, mac and cheese and baked beans for the side dishes.

The only thing it's that the party will be a sunday at 12PM.

So, have you got some tips to help me to organize hour by hour this party ?

for example :

12PM : serve people
11:45PM : put the corn on the kettle
11PM : heat the baked beans. Start the chimney for cooking the corn on the cob on the kettle
10:30PM: put the chicken in the smoker, re-heat pulled pork with bbq sauce, and the wrap brisket
10PM: Rub the chicken
9PM cook the pasta and prepare the sauce (in a slow cooker for serving)

The day before:
Make the coleslaw
Rub the ribs and cook them 3h and after wrap in a foil and put in a cooler
Rub the brisket and cook 6h and after wrap in a foil and put in a cooler

how do you think about this ?

Last edited:
if party is at noon, make sure all your food is done and holding by 11, don't try to time it out, mac n cheese make the entire dish the day before, then heat that morning...It is a party where you need to have fun, not work your ars off in the morning..

Do you have experience cooking these items i.e brisket, ribs, pork? The timeline will vary depending on your cooking methods. Some people will put brisket on at 10pm at night to serve at noon the following day while others can put it on the cooker at 5am to finish cooking by noon. Knowing what you are cooking on along with pit temps and the size of the cuts of meats will help determine a timeline.

Do you have experience cooking these items i.e brisket, ribs, pork? The timeline will vary depending on your cooking methods. Some people will put brisket on at 10pm at night to serve at noon the following day while others can put it on the cooker at 5am to finish cooking by noon. Knowing what you are cooking on along with pit temps and the size of the cuts of meats will help determine a timeline.

yes i have ever do it, but never begin at 10PM, i don't know how will react my smoker and my WSM 57

Back