Hot & Fast Ribs Trial with Pictures

Zander82

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Alex
I thought I would try some Hot & Fast Ribs for a potential competition style of ribs. I started cooking ribs originally by the 3-2-1 method and always found it took so long and was overcooked. So I started slowly modifying it, trying to cut down the times, but still couldn't find the perfect balance of temperature and time. So it's time to try hot and fast!

I figured I should share the findings and results with fellow members of this board.

I cooked these ribs on a Char-Griller Smoking Champ that's been heavily modified. I cooked them at 300 F and used a minion style method with Cherry Wood for smoke.

Rubbed and ready to go:
3oDuVIp.jpg

After 2 hrs of smoke right before I wrapped them:
xjInWaL.jpg

After 45 mins of being wrapped:
CRq3w5h.jpg

I glazed them with some sauce for about 15 mins.
Final product (sliced, smoke ring, bite)
LgodwPZ.jpg

hIaE0V4.jpg

h6pexU7.jpg

Conclusion:
I am extremely happy with how this turned out. The flavor, color, smoke ring and bite all turned out very well. Way better then any other modified timing/temp runs I've tried.

I will continue to test this another couple of times before competition time.

Thanks for sharing this. I have two slabs of St. Louis spares I am going to cook this afternoon. Planning to follow your example.

I always have good results with ribs at 300. Really nice bones!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rub??

thought I would try some Hot & Fast Ribs for a potential competition style of ribs. I started cooking ribs originally by the 3-2-1 method and always found it took so long and was overcooked. So I started slowly modifying it, trying to cut down the times, but still couldn't find the perfect balance of temperature and time. So it's time to try hot and fast!

I figured I should share the findings and results with fellow members of this board.

I cooked these ribs on a Char-Griller Smoking Champ that's been heavily modified. I cooked them at 300 F and used a minion style method with Cherry Wood for smoke

Hi Nice looking ribs..Good job. What rub & sauce did you use?
THanks DanB

I always seem to miss the mark when I try to go hot and fast with ribs for some reason. You, however, appear to have it down. Awesome looking ribs!

Back