Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Horsin' Around BBQ Showdown. Young Harris, Ga (May 25-26)

Kudzu Q will be there. I think she's got 28 teams so far.

I suspect there will be a few stragglers by the end of next week. That is a nice area if you have not been.

We received our team packet this week and all I can say is WOW!!! They are letting all of the teams use the pool and locker room with Showers and complimentary towels, and they are providing Dinner on Thursday and Friday night, along with Breakfast on Friday and Saturday, AND a 2-4am Snack on Saturday morning for the stickburner crew.

Can't wait til next weekend, and I'm glad I booked a room for Saturday night so I can enjoy it more. Hopefully we will get to take home a few of the custom trophies this year!

Haven't missed this show yet, and we'll be there as long as Bobby and Charles keep holding this event. Unfortunately a big money event downstate has dropped on their weekend, so getting teams to turn out in Young Harris has become more difficult, but the facility at Brasstown Valley is second to none.

About the only spot that compares to view from main lodge is BBQ Hill at The Jack.

Back