Help me decide on offset

Very nice set-up you have there. Quick question....how long have you had that tv up there exposed somewhat to the elements? Any problems with dampness or cold/hot temps? I always thought you had to build a box for outdoor tvs. Thanks.

It has been up for a year +. The TV is an outdoor TV, Skyvue, and comes enclosed in an outer casing with operating temps of something like 20 below to 120 above FH. The way it is situated, it does not get wet even in sideways rain. I have it set up wireless since it's a smart TV. FWIW, I also have a stereo amp and KEF outdoor speakers that sound amazingly good when I stream Qobuz via my phone, iPad, or MBPro for outdoor parties. And sorry to brag, but it has six outlets, a ceiling fan, and gutters with downspout. I installed neon string lighting all along the inside perimeter where the rafters meet the eaves. The landscaping company that put it in first installed six foot deep and 24" diameter cement footers so the Pavilion isn't moving down, up, or sideways.

Back