Hello from St George, Utah

alanrab

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Alan
Alan here, sending greetings as a brand-new member! I've been grilling for many decades, starting with a Weber One-Touch Kettle (I think I inadvertently invented rib jerky my first outing with that Weber :shock:); smoking now for 15 years.

First smoker was a 30" Masterbuilt, which was a gateway to the world of smoking. I learned to repair that thing several times, using a soldering iron if I remember right. I've been using a Cookshack Smokette Elite for the past 7 years and it's perfect for my style which is "easy to use, tasty to eat."

Returned recently from a several-month visit to central Texas where every town seems to have some great BBQ. Made a new friend who told me about this forum and inspired me to get smokin'!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome Alan. I'm a former Utahn now living in Southern Cal, but we pass through a few times a year en route to visiting family in SLC area. We finally convinced one of my siblings to move there last year so we would have a place to stay for free when passing through ;)

This site is fantastic and has been a great resource for me for quite a few years. Hope you enjoy yourself!

Allen, great that you joined. This forum is a gem. Wealth of info here. BTW, so thankful we met. Welcome friend!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Back