Harry Soo's Class

cfi1234

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Smokin' Chemtrails
I'm finally heading to Harry Soo's BBQ class next week. I can't describe my excitement. Has anyone here taken his class before?

I took it. It's a lot of fun. Go hungry and stay away from the donuts.

The class does not go in real time, so you cover more ground with the time you have. You'll prep a brisket but you'll sample one that he's already had going from long before. Harry is a great guy. Stay in touch with him via email. He's a great resource.

Classes kind of go based on the rest of the class. When I took it, there were some folks who never cooked in their lives, so sometimes we had to cover some serious basics. All the same, if you ask specifics, he'll help you. I really bugged him about chicken and competition pork butt and he would always cover it.

More than anything, it's just great to cook with a pro who is so open to share. I plan on doing it again in the near future, or catch him at the woodshed. He does some things there from time to time.

How fortunate are you! Don't know him, but from all I've seen of him, he is a great ambassador for BBQ and source for those who want to learn. Seems like he wants to share all of his knowledge and for everyone to make great BBQ. Gotta love that attitude. Someday, I hope I can take one of his classes.

Considering I live like 10 minutes away from him, I figured I have no excuse not to attend his class...I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Considering I live like 10 minutes away from him, I figured I have no excuse not to attend his class...I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I’m jealous. Give us a post class run- down. I don’t mean a copyright ripoff of his content (aka ninja tips) just your overall impressions and the topics covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m jealous. Give us a post class run- down. I don’t mean a copyright ripoff of his content (aka ninja tips) just your overall impressions and the topics covered.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Will Do! Of course their will be no spoilers

Ok, so today I went to Harry Soo’s BBQ class and it was amazing! Harry Soo is one of the nicest, most humble guys you will ever meet. He walked us through everything he does to win championships, from making his championship rub, to his sauces and all the prep work that goes into it. This isn’t your typical BBQ class where you focus on 3 or 4 meats. We cooked around 25 to 30 different things, ranging from Brisket to Lamb Chops, to Seared Ahi Tuna. It was an incredible experience and totally worth the money. Even better is that Harry does not keep any of the proceeded from his classes, but rather donates the profits to various charities. I highly recommend making the investment in his class.

A few photos from the class
365e62d24ad961215eecd4ba123b9753.jpg
cd08a9c5fe1b063ff669132484898bde.jpg
6b60d94506dc8a4856e3d1c5cc1c22c9.jpg
c32a1eae88ecef1638cc94bf2882b5e6.jpg
7da100c4a6c886a03fbec24f2376c069.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back