Guidence in Tennessee

altomari8868

Knows what a fatty is.
Hi all. I was thinking of trying a kcbs contest in Tennessee. Would anyone be able to help me with some flavor profiles. I have 2 questions. Is it like a Georgia contest where they look for sweet with a little heat on the tail end for pork and chicken? And on brisket are they looking for a real beefy brisket with no sauce like in the FBA or do the want it sauced up with sweet and some heat on the end?

If you're talking a KCBS contest, then FBA flavors should work.

Balanced flavor, perfect tenderness, great appearance. Works in every area of the country.

Good luck!

Steve Farrin (I Smell Smoke) once told me at Hog Wild in Mobile Alabama that he doesn't change flavors. "Good food is good food!" He did well that Saturday.

Flavors aren't different from GA to TN or most regions for that matter. How much have you competed before and what worked for you?

Usually sweet with something on the tail end. Brisket is all beef and no sauce. Does anyone know if briskets should be sauced? Thank you to everyone reading and responding ��

Usually sweet with something on the tail end. Brisket is all beef and no sauce. Does anyone know if briskets should be sauced? Thank you to everyone reading and responding ��

For brisket we do not sauce the slices, we use an au-jus (which is basically a concoction of the brisket juices and our sauce) to soak them in before we put them in the box. If including burnt ends in the box, we do sauce those.

Back