Greetings from AZ

Desert_Dude

Found some matches.
Hi everyone! I am really excited that I found this site, there is a ton of great info here, tips and advice.

I have had a smoker for a little over 3 years and been a long time fan of grilling. My first grill was a little charcoal Weber. That bad-boy served me well over the years but I grew tired of dealing with charcoal and went to gas. It has been 8 years since I bought my Charbroil from Home Depot. We dragged that poor bastard camping with us, to the dunes multiple times, to the center of the cul de sac for neighborhood BBQ's, all over the place! On this last move this month, it finally sh*t the bed... well, sort of. One of the burners broke off at one end and is kind of just hanging there. It doesn't look pretty but fire keeps coming out so, it will work as long as I don't move it anywhere. Long story short, I got every penny of use out of the $299 grill. :D

Back to the smoker... it too is a Charbroil and is a horizontal offset smoker. I like the concept but here again, its a cheap-o. I have to stoke the fire every 20 minutes it seems. I grill/smoke enough to warrant a better smoker than that tin can soooooooooo.... searching google for related topics is how I found you guys!

I am likely going to pick up a Weber Genesis and a BGE... the debate is L vs XL on the BGE.

I want both gas and charcoal so I can grill up a quick burger or chicken breast when I need to, or step it up a notch and fire up the BGE.

Anyhew, I look forward to contributing what I can when I can and swapping some good grilling stories!

Cheers!

Howdy do from Flagstaff!

Here's looking at ya! :lol:

Go SMOKE!

And take a look at Kamado Joes. They come ready to use; the BGEs require additional purchases just to use. I've owned a Genesis E-330 (the ex- has it now), and can highly recommend it. I loved the fourth burner (the Searing burner between the left and center burners).

Thanks for the warm (225*) welcome everyone... :)

Ozric: I was wondering about the merits of BGE alternatives.. I think I may have to start another thread on this topic alone. Glad to hear about the Weber as well... maybe its an AZ combo made in heaven.

Thanks for the warm (225*) welcome everyone... :)

Ozric: I was wondering about the merits of BGE alternatives.. I think I may have to start another thread on this topic alone. Glad to hear about the Weber as well... maybe its an AZ combo made in heaven.

Here's an interesting take on a BGE vs KJ review that I found some time ago. It's what got me looking at KJs.

Looking forward to your posts. And to the list of your gear in your sig!:thumb:

Welcome! I spent 3 1/2 years at Luke AFB, I love it out your way. Enjoy, lots of great stuff here.

Back