Green Chile High Plains Cuban-knockoff

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
1682 miles from Miami you have to MSU for a Cuban Sandwich. Smoked pork, smoked ham, mayo, mustard, roasted Hatch Green Chile, Onion, pickle, pepper jack and sourdough bread. Crisped And griddled On The Blackstone. OK, a Green Chile Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Cuban Inspiration.
Green Chile
Amen

Last edited:
I am quite pleased with this chile. Fantastic flavor. At first I thought it was going to have zero heat. Then, a little numbing of the inside lower lip. Then a misty dew under the eyes. Then a polite warmth caressed the palate- not choke the throat. Like a good bourbon the pepper had a wonderful finish. I’ve stockpiled about 25 one gallon bags with 6-8 peppers still with charred skin laying flat. I can remove one or three rinse the skin and be good to go. I had to reduce the heat for my wife,but honestly it’s easier to heat things up for me than cool them down for her. Pueblo is only 314 miles and if I go up across the Oklahoma Strip and traverse the Santa Fe Trail toward Rocky Ford I could probably score some marisols in a shorter distance. I’m really thrilled with the Hatch I bought this year. Beefy-Meaty fantastic flavor

Last edited:
Green Chile. Whole or Chopped on your sandwich? Some chop some don't. I actually like both, especially when you can bite through the whole chile and not drag the whole thing out. Chopped I prefer a rough cut of fresh roasted, canned you really don't have a choice. I eat canned chopped, bottled chopped, canned whole peeled, fresh roasted chopped. Growing up Mom would buy canned whole peeled and we always had several cans of Rotel which is primarily green Chile and tomato.

Hard to beat fresh roasted but there's a place for all methods. You give up a little flavor for consistency of texture and heat. That's shouldn't be discounted. Those factors can be huge

Also. Fresh roasted peeled and chopped add some of your favorite Rub. Like 3-4 fresh roasted peeled and chopped and a teaspoon of your favorite non sweet low sugar garlic/onion rub you already have. Kosher Salt and garlic powder work too with bacon grease

Back