THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Was texting with brother about weather and beef cheek. He said there's a place in The City (if you know you know) that serves beef cheek burritos with green chile rice. The Bride got googling and found a recipe. Nailed it. Perfect addition

Last edited:
Was texting with brother about weather and beef cheek. He said there's a place in The City (if you know you know) that serves beef cheek burritos with green chile rice. The Bride got googling and found a recipe. Nailed it. Perfect addition

I know a lot of great places here but I have not run across the place you're talking about. I need beef cheek burritos in my life, what's the name of the place? I'll get in the car today!

I know a lot of great places here but I have not run across the place you're talking about. I need beef cheek burritos in my life, what's the name of the place? I'll get in the car today!

Have a request in to my brother for restaurant name. He lives in Norman but works in the city. Could be anywhere in between. He's not great at texting back sometimes. I Googled Barbacoa Norman and found lots of cool places, several mentioned green chile rice.
If when he lets me know, I'll post

Have a request in to my brother for restaurant name. He lives in Norman but works in the city. Could be anywhere in between. He's not great at texting back sometimes. I Googled Barbacoa Norman and found lots of cool places, several mentioned green chile rice.
If when he lets me know, I'll post

Huummm... there are several that I think might be possible. In Norman, one of your best bets might be Tarahumara. Please let us know when you find out, that's the North 40 for me, I'm there a lot and would enjoy having some.

Here is a copy paste of Text he sent. He's one of these that orders "off menu". Anyway, here's his response

"Iguana Grill but I don't think it's a menu item. Their red chili rice is'

Good luck with limited info plus hurdles. Beef cheek is super simple and green chile rice is what it is (add bacon and sour cream to whatever recipe you choose)

Fun cook and excellent eating

That is a popular spot. It's in downtown OKC, in an area known as Gasoline Alley. I don't remember it on the menu, but I'll be in the area next week and may just stop and give it a try.

I'm going to check it out on my next trip too. Thanks Adams!
Good lookin' cheeks!

Back