Giving Rib Roast on the RF a shot

bergenguy

Knows what a fatty is.
So I've been seeing a lot about roasts on the smoker and reverse sear, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

First got a whole rib roast from RD and steaked off the last 3 ribs for later.

Then fired up the Johnson 2D patio and cooked at 200 - 250 for about 3+ hours. Pulled at internal temp of 111. Got a pretty nice mahogany color to it

let it rest for about 45 minutes (temp came up to 124). Then put in a 550 oven for 8 minutes (temp came up to 127)...unfortunately I had a major split of the fat 'crust' at this point

Here is the end cut

Here is the plated shot with creamed spinach, glazed carrots, roasted tiny potatoes and horseradish cream sauce

You can tell I like my beef closer to medium rare. Thanks for looking

That's exactly how I like my temp. My wife needs hers towards the "what are you doing?" stage, so we compromise and go with what she likes. That horseradish sauce looks great too, never tried that before.

That looks fantastic. I am hoping to do one of those for Christmas, but will need some practice before then. :wink:

Shazam! CINCHOUSE saw your photos and about decreed that we're having that for Christmas! (Thank you!)

You folks sure ate well... that's a beautiful table you folks put together.

Yes sir-that's how it's done right there. If somebody has to have it above that temp we tell them we can bring it up for you in a pan of au jus in just a minute. Let me get everyone served and we will have to you in a minute. Good looking plate.

Thank You all for the positive feedback.

The funny thing about the whole endeavor was that we've had an exchange student at our house for a while who is a vegetarian....so we've pretty much been eating vegetarian as well. She went on a 4 day trip to Washington DC, so this is the result of going "all in" on a meat bender :heh:

THAT. LOOKS. FANTASTIC! I love the plate shot.
That's how you cook 'em!
If somebody has to have it above that temp we tell them we can bring it up for you in a pan of au jus in just a minute. Let me get everyone served and we will have to you in a minute.

Good idea, everyone's happy.

Back