Gas grill parts question

Jim_MI

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Jim
I am rebuilding a gas grill and need some advice on parts. It was purchased at Costco in 2005. The outer casing is in great shape but the internal working "hot parts" are in bad shape. The manual says it is a Sonoma Platinum Edition SGR30LP. Neither Sonoma, parent company Sure Heat, nor Costco are available for support or parts.
The "flavor grids" (SS long tent-shaped metal pieces that cover the burner tubes) are rusted out and need replacing. The original grids each have a vertical heat shield baffle located on the underside, perpendicular to the long axis of the grid, that hangs down about 3/4" and is level with the bottom of the tent fold, apparently to protect something in the back end of the burner assembly. See att pic. I have found several replacement parts sites that say they have grids for this model, but their pics show no such baffle. So, several questions:
1. Anybody know where these parts may be available?
2. If several parts vendors sell compatible grids that lack this baffle, is it safe to assume it's probably not necessary?
3. What is your favorite online retailer for buying gas grill replacement parts such as these, new burner assembly, new spark igniters and wiring, etc?
682b78c876dd0912eebfa75fec70707e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Just a guess on question #2 but I think you’d be fine without it. Not sure if it was designed to help hold the tamer in position or just bounce the heat back into the grill vs the back wall but neither would likely be critical.

Back