Freezing after dry brining steaks?

Mikhail

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Mik
Has anyone dry brined steaks, then vacuum sealed and frozen them? Was just wondering if it would work well or be counterproductive.

I would also like to know if anyone has done this. I was going to freeze steaks after seasoning them few weeks ago when storms rolled in and life happened and I wasn't going to be able to grill them for several days. I read where the salt does something to the meat when frozen uncooked (maybe become tough or something), so my wife wound up baking them instead while I was at work :cry:

I was curious about this as well. I've thought about freezing steaks this way so that I can souse vide them directly out of the freezer (I buy in bulk when the price is right).

But salt will raise the freezing point. Probably not enough keep it from freezing. Vacuum sealing tends to help prevent freezer burn. Hopefully someone that has done it can comment but I could see a texture issue as Jonah mentioned above.

Yeah, I think I'm going t take his advice and not do it. These steaks are pretty tender as they are.

Back