Found - a drop-in disposable liner for the WSM water pan

dward51

Full Fledged Farker
Ok, this is for anyone using the Brinkmann Fire Bowl as a water pan in their 18.5" WSM (the original Brinkmann mod before the new water pan style came out in 2008). I have a 2005 model WSM and finally found a drop in disposable foil liner that is a perfect fit for the Brinkmann "water pan" in my WSM. They were $16.99 for a dozen on Amazon. Brand is Campliner. You can still find new old stock Brinkmann pans on eBay and other places, but they are no longer in production.

https://www.amazon.com/Campliner-Disposable-Cleaning-Seasoning-Accessory/dp/B0052Y83NU

Photo is with no pressing to make the pan fit the water bowl. It's a perfect drop in fit. I believe it can also be press fit to the stock WSM water pans as a one piece liner (both the old style and current style water pans). I was able to get about 1 3/4 gallons of water in mine with some room left over. I may try it with sand covered with foil on another smoke later. Running the water pan on an overnight smoke of pork butts for the July 4th family gathering tomorrow. Riding at 225* rock solid with the BBQ Guru in control.

kaUBfBch.jpg

YzYcIP7h.jpg

Back