Forgotten food that DID happen! (Pr0n)

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
While flipping through pictures on my phone, I didn't realize how much food I haven't shared over the last month that I actually have proof of concocting! So, to rectify that situation. Here it is!

I made more Drunken Pseudostrami over Thanksgiving week. Here it is before going on the smoker.
mms_picture-4-3.jpg

Not having time to run to the shop and use the slicer, I carved it up with an electric knife into as thin of slices as possible. There were many wonderful sandwiches made that week. Here is one of them with mozzarella cheese, spicy mustard, and BBQ Sauce.
mms_picture-5-2.jpg

Also during Thanksgiving week. I butchered up a turkey and with some of the meat scraps left, I took some fresh criminis, and made up some stuffing. I had originally planned to stuff some boneless chicken thighs with it but, I ran out of time on the dinner clock so I quick dusted the thighs with some Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub and cooked them up on the OTG.
mms_picture-6-2.jpg

Being this was the first time we tried the Simply Marvelous, I feel it only appropriate to comment. My wife and I both thought it was excellent. the sweetness blended well with the other spices but, we did agree that it belonged more on pork than on chicken although, I wouldn't be afraid to use it on chicken again. It is a nice change up.
While I had the coals hot, I decided to throw on a fatty as well. The fatty was half sage sausage and half chorizo. This was the first time I had done this combination and I must say, the results rocked! Here is a slice of it on a breakfast sandwich I had later that week.
mms_picture-7-2.jpg

Being that the first time we tried the Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub we thought it would go well on pork, I figured it only appropriate to use it on some pork chops. The taste was right on the money but, I only dusted the chops with it and should have applied a heavier coating for optimal flavor to come through.
mms_picture-19.jpg

We served up some Swedish Meatballs at our shops Holiday Open House and, lucky for me, we had some leftovers. So, I made a Swedish Meatball Omelet stuffed with cheese! I added some powdered chiles blend to kick up the heat a bit. It made me want to eat breakfast all day. It did get ruined on the flip though.
mms_picture-8-1.jpg

Last week, I was suffering from a major smoking defecit. I had picked up some spreadable pizza flavored cheese from the dairy and figured it would be great in some bacon wrapped mushrooms! Here they are cooking away.
mms_picture-2-3.jpg

And here they are after I cooked them waaaaaaaay too long. I think almost all of the cheese boiled out of them in the process but, the bacon was crispy and the mushrooms tasted good.
mms_picture-3-3.jpg

The same day I had done the mushrooms, I planned on making a chicken on the grill as well but, it wasn't thawed. Not quite sure if it was a stroke of brilliance or insanity but, I decided to make biscuits and gravy using un-sauced pulled pork. The family still questions my judgement on this one. My wife stated that gravy should not taste like smoked pork. My youngest agreed with her but, my oldest and neice agreed with me that it was actually pretty darn tasty! I ended up having some leftover gravy. I brought it to work and in another stroke of brilliance or insanity. I put it on an order of thick cut french fries along with nacho cheese and BBQ Sauce. To me it tasted farkin great but, I may be mentally defective. :crazy::becky:
mms_picture-1-6.jpg

Think I'm all caught up now.
Thanks for looking :thumb:

OK, I'm desperate now. All I've got near me are some herring in tomato sauce and saltines...Satisfied, Tom?:becky:

Y'all eat good!

Uhhh - I think I've got a farking years worth of catching up to do... so many things you snap a quick pic of and then never post. :tsk:

Good lookin food Tom! :thumb:

Uhhh - I think I've got a farking years worth of catching up to do... so many things you snap a quick pic of and then never post. :tsk:

Good lookin food Tom! :thumb:

Scary thing is, I haven't been taking pictures of half the stuff lately. Been actually try to sit down with family instead of playing professional food photographer, :laugh:

Back