First spatchcock on faux PBC w/ pics

charrederhead

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Pete
Finally got around to doing the spatchcock. (I must say, there is something enjoyable about cutting through a backbone.) :twisted:

I yanked the water pan and ran like a PBC, except no hanging. :tongue:

S,P,G after an EVOO rubdown.

Put a full lit lump chimney on top of unlit and 2 cherry chunks. WFO got it up to 400.

And the thin blue:

Laid the bird down breast side up. Temp. settled at 375 for the duration.

But then, 30 mins. in, I saw the sweet Italian sausages in the fridge. So I sliced up an un-yone and a couple of red po-taters..

and used a couple of bricks to make a 2nd shelf.

Around this time, I made a new friend.

He was pretty cool. A little skittish but friendly! He hung around for a while. No collar...might be a keeper. :grin:

Pulled the chicken off a little late. It was real tasty, but the outside of the breast was a wee bit dry. The interior was juicy and the skin scrumptious.

I transferred the other stuff into my new toy- a perforated grill veggie cooker thing. It can get a nice sear and/or it allows me to "flip" the food quickly w/ the detachable handle. I'm thinking it'll be good for meatloaf, too.

Ooops! Forgot the "beverage" pic. As I await the release of 2013 Celebration Ale, I enjoyed a Torpedo Extra IPA, in a Kona Brewery pint glass.

Thanks for lookin, I had fun cookin. :thumb:

Last edited:
Nice! Careful with that veggie pan- I had one and after a few cooks the so called non stick coating began chipping off... In the food no less.

Back