First Smoke :: Pit Barrel Cooker :: Beef Ribs ... Check it out

jeremu

Knows what a fatty is.
I JUST got my PBC in today and I'm still debating if I should blame SmokinCW for being out $300 or thank him greatly for the easiest bbq or smoke I've EVER done.

Unfortunately one of the ribs dropped into the coals on my first cook. HAHAHA
I meant to double hook it, but I forgot. Thank God I had a spray bottle ready by my other smoker. I opened and pored it on the now Flaming ribs.

Anyways I'm so excited!!! I'm letting them rest right now. I'll let you know how they taste. Check it out.

Can't wait to open it
QhmpWy9l.jpg

Super easy set up and has all the tools required
CO5HkqBl.jpg

I was really wondering why this thing started to smoke so much, I pulled out the second hook (in the dark) I thought I missed it cause it was way to light ... I pulled it into view and it was just a hook. I felt like I was fishing
NfFDGJCl.jpg

Just out of the Cooker
UghWMJ2l.jpg

Can you tell which one fell in the coals???
Bhn8utml.jpg

Went caveman on your 1st cook!
Ribs look good enough 4 me.
Enjoy your new cooker!

Congrats on your new cooker! I love PBCs but have never owned one. A good friend has one and she produces some great BBQ and I'm certain by the looks of those ribs, you will too. Beautiful cook! Again, congrats to ya.

Thanks brehs!!! OMG I can't describe how amazing theses ribs were! They were EXACTLY the texture that I've been craving; pull clean off the bone, but with a little tug and tender, but not fall apart or crumbley. The fat rendered to a point where it melted in your mouth with every bite, but not running down your hands.

I don't thing you understand. I've had two ribs in my life time that can compare and I've been searching for these ribs for so long. TBH the real motivation and reason I got into Q'n.

Technique:
Pulled ribs out of fridge
Assembled and lit PBC (Was in a hurry so no wood only Kingsford briquettes)
Mustard, Season Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
Hung ribs on opposite ends of the cooker
Left undisturbed for 4 hours
Pulled off the cooker and let rest for 30 min to an hour
Serve. Enjoy!!!

No wrapping, even for the rest.
I sauced half of them. They really didn't need it at all, but it was a nice variety.

The ones that fell were too burt to enjoy, but the other ones ... let's just say IF I knew of a restaurant that could make ribs like that I would pay $300 just for one meal.

So the answer to debating if I should blame SmokinCW or thank him greatly is clear! THANK YOU SmokinCW and everyone who was so helpful especially in my Brisket / Off Set Smoker Noob Help post. I wish I was here a long time ago

Congratulations, thanks for sharing your inaugural cook.

Back