First SF Cook

CT-Mike

is one Smokin' Farker
So I am doing a wedding tasting menu cook tonight for the friend of a coworker, all told 8 people and 5 kids coming over tonight.

The menu for the reception includes pulled pork, chicken quarters, mac & cheese, pasta salad, baked beans, cole slaw, burgers, and dogs. Additional food I'm cooking tonight is the ABTs, couple slabs of SLC ribs, and some sausage.

Started out last night by making up a hotel pan of 5-cheese mac & cheese, prepping 40 traditional ABT's, and pasta salad. Additionally I dry brined two quartered free range yard birds with Jonn Henry's Chicken tickler and put on a rack in the fridge overnight.

The mac and cheese has white cheddar, gruyere, fontina, parmigiana reggiano, and blue cheese in it, as well as some onion and Dijon mustard, topped with bacon crumbles. Comes out great, but not cheap to make.

Two pork butts went on the SF burning apple and cherry splits, the ribs will go on at noon, eating at 6.

Sauces include the blueberry sauce someone posted here awhile back as well as Alabama White Sauce, both for the chicken. NC Vinegar and tomato based sauces for the pork.

More pics to follow.

Last edited:
sounds like a winning lineup. those 2 butts look a little lonely.

sounds like a winning lineup. those 2 butts look a little lonely.

I was thinking the same thing. Thought about cooking everything on the Eggs tonight but wanted to ensure I provide the same flavor profile tonight that they will get for the reception.

So I just unwrapped the ribs I pulled from the freezer, and it turns out they are CSRs instead of SLC. Never coooked this cut of rib before, any differences you farkers can help me out with to ensure success.

CSRs are cut from the shoulder so i cook them until they probe easily.

I cook them at 325+ and they take about 2 hours but that was direct heat not an offset. Been a long time so my memory might not be so good.

Edit: I wrap them to protect them from the high heat when the bark looks good.

Last edited:
Well, I got too busy to get any more photos, but I did get a signed contract, and that's what tonight was all about.

Back