First hot and fast brisket with pron.

Somedayrockstar

Knows what a fatty is.
First off a big thanks to pwa for helping me through the process.

Been wanting to try and hot and fast and it finally happened today. Meat didn't even hit the uds till about 1:45. Salt and pepper on the flat a rub I had left over on the point. Paprika cayane garlic salt and some brown sugar maybe some other stuff I don't remember...

Smoker ran 300-325 for about 2 hours till the i.t was already at 160. Checked the bark and it wasn't to my liking so I left it longer.

At about the 4 hour mark I decided to wrap it even though I wasn't thrilled with the bark.

Then the wait for probe tender.... Finally happened at about 7:30. I may have pulled it a tad early but I panicked. Need to not worry about temps so much. It was at 210... But it was probe tender for the most part.

So I'm pretty happy for my first time doing it this way. It was a tad dry could've been the meat quality (wasn't even choice) or I didn't let it go long enough or I just need to add some moisturizer like beef broth or som injection. Super excited about hot and fast. Can't wait till do it again.

I've only done one HH brisket and it was super easy and took only 4hrs 45mins. The only thing I didn't care for was the lack of smokey flavor. I just don't think that you can get that flavor on a brisket in under 5hrs.

Back