FINALLY learned my lesson!

elm

Got Wood.
Name or Nickame
Eric
Just finished smoking my best pulled pork. FINALLY learned my lesson (thanks, y'all!), it's done when it's probe tender. I bought a boneless picnic separated into two halves and smoked on my offset at temps between roughly 200-260 (wherever it landed when I put a hickory log on) for approximately 7 1/2 hours. Checked for probe tender at 205 IT and it was there. My other, slightly larger half is still smoking. For those interested, I rubbed with Killer Hogs AP rub (would leave this out next time, it turned out to be just a bit too salty) and Killer Hogs BBQ rub. Next time I think I will try just the KH "hot" BBQ rub for pulled pork with a little kick. Let smoke for 3 hours, then spritzed with apple juice each time I had to add a log. At 170 IT placed roast in a foil pan and covered with foil. When it was probe tender, let rest for a few minutes and then pulled the pork in the juices left in the pan. SO tender and delicious! Now I just need a good vacuum sealer so I can freeze the leftovers for future enjoyment, any recommendations?

Last edited:
Back