THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

campdude

Babbling Farker
Thought I'd drop by Q-talk for a visit and post a thread on today's cook. I did a naked fatty for some snacking while the ribs and ABT's were smoking away. I am learning to better control the temp/smoke on the PS. I started at 220*and put the fatty in for about 1and 1/2 hours.
8OWWIuG.jpg

After it was in for an hour, I put the spares in.

P8jGzfD.jpg

The fatty was juicy and had a smoke ring, first one I've achieved since switching to pellets.

1vMDqc0.jpg

I was doing a few things around the house, so I decided to wrap the ribs about 2 hours in with a little butter and brown sugar. I raised the temp to 275*. About 30 or 40 minutes later I pulled the ribs out. I was very happy with the color and texture.

Q4aDhMM.jpg

With some bones cut up. Hard to see, but there is a little smoke ring.

XBDyJli.jpg

Some of the best ribs I've had in a very long time. A few bones plated with some ABT's. Very nice bite to the ribs.

ENOfIZ8.jpg

Thanks for looking and have a great week.

Thought I'd drop by Q-talk for a visit and post a thread on today's cook. I did a naked fatty for some snacking while the ribs and ABT's were smoking away. I am learning to better control the temp/smoke on the PS. I started at 220*and put the fatty in for about 1and 1/2 hours.

8OWWIuG.jpg

After it was in for an hour, I put the spares in.

P8jGzfD.jpg

The fatty was juicy and had a smoke ring, first one I've achieved since switching to pellets.

1vMDqc0.jpg

I was doing a few things around the house, so I decided to wrap the ribs about 2 hours in with a little butter and brown sugar. I raised the temp to 275*. About 30 or 40 minutes later I pulled the ribs out. I was very happy with the color and texture.

Q4aDhMM.jpg

With some bones cut up. Hard to see, but there is a little smoke ring.

XBDyJli.jpg

Some of the best ribs I've had in a very long time. A few bones plated with some ABT's. Very nice bite to the ribs.

ENOfIZ8.jpg

Thanks for looking and have a great week.

Nicely done! And I must agree with your thoughts... pellet cookers are definitely rib cooking machines! :)

Back