THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Yep, I'm at it again. I realize I've been posting a lot but I'm simply having a lot of fun with the grills in the backyard. What's on today's menu?

Eggplant RollUps

These are a variation of Eggplant Rollatinis, which are usually fried eggplant slices filled with a cheese (ricotta/mozzarella) mixture. Not being in the mood for a cheesy filling today, I decided to make use of some ground beef I cooked with garlic the other day on the Blackstone (left over from the Smashburgers).

I peeled off some of the eggplant skin leaving stripes, then cut long 3/8" thick slices -

Seasoned with EVOO, S&P and out onto the Goldens' they go, making use of the additional grate -

They've been grilling for a while and are taking on a nice color. More importantly, they'll be pliable and easy to roll -

All set, remove the grates and place the searing/diffuser plate in so these can be baked indirect -

Back inside while the grill is coming back up to temp.

The ground beef mixture. I've added a few different types of shredded cheese (mozzarella and a Taco mix) and at the last moment made the executive decision to add some pepperoni to the mix. What the heck? It can't hurt. I also spooned in some tomato sauce (after taking this picture) which had been simmering on the stove to help hold the mixture together and start melting the cheese -

The grilled eggplant ready to be rolled -

Start with a little on one end -

and they look like -

All rolled, with additional sauce and mozzarella, ready to go out on the Goldens' -

After about 15-20 minutes with the grill temp around 325 they're just about done. Since all the ingredients are already cooked, I'm really only waiting for the cheese to melt and the filling to heat enough -

Obligatory plated shots -

That's all I've got for today, thanks for following this post.

Oh yeah, it was darn good. I like this version a lot better than the standard cheese filling. Not bad for something I made up out of my little head. :-D

Regards,
-lunchman

You should never feel bad about posting when it looks this delicious! That sounds incredible and is definitely something I'll need to try

Back