Dump Cake Experiment

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Fricken Wallymarts has been out of Pie Fillings - Apple, Cherry and BlueBerry - for Last 3 trips over 2 weeks. WTF.? Didn't check Kroger or HEB.

I usually do 2 cans of Apple Pie filling and 1 can crushed Pineapple. But today it's 2 cans crushed PineApple and 1 jar of Raspberry Preserves........

xgUOi1Cl.jpg

CZyVeU8l.jpg

Might Suck............ :twitch: ...... Might be Pretty Close to Decent.............

Last edited:
Desperate times call for desperate measures. Good luck Smitty! There will be desert on the table. God Bless America!!

Back in the fall there was a shortage of apple juice, could rarely find it for the kids for a month or two in my area. Searching at the time brought all sorts of excuses about apple industry shortages.
That seems mostly resolved now and wouldn’t account for the other pie fillings though.

@Smitty: nice!

Embarrassed to admit...never thought about making dump cake at home. :oops:

The only times I've made dump cake was camping with Scouts!

BTW: if you want to try another alternative, using canned pears as the sweet fruit component in the dump cake is pretty tasty as well. Goes well with home made cinnamon ice cream. :mrgreen:

Bruce

Back in the fall there was a shortage of apple juice, could rarely find it for the kids for a month or two in my area. Searching at the time brought all sorts of excuses about apple industry shortages.
That seems mostly resolved now and wouldn’t account for the other pie fillings though.

Even the apples don’t want to work? 😢

My wife used to do cakes. If you have any cake decorating of supply stores around they sell fruit fillings that are very good. The price is really good too

Back