DIRTY Baltimore Pit Beef

thedirtman

Full Fledged Farker
Hey Guys,
It has been too long since I last posted. I am from the Baltimore area and was working on recipe to make my own Baltimore Pit Beef, for a future YouTube video. If you have never had Baltimore Style Pit Beef you are missing out. I have made many of them over the years, but I wanted to DIRTY up the recipe and it came out amazingly. I made it for a party and everyone went nuts.

Baltimore Pit Beef typical recipe is a Top of the Round roast, Worchester Sauce all over the meat. Then take Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder and put it all over the meat. Every Thirty minutes or so, basted the meat with Worchester sauce.

My recipe I injected the top of the round roast with a cup of Beef Broth, 4 oz of Down and DIRTY Marinade and Salty Sailor Rub. I then brushed on Down and DIRTY Marinade all over the meat and sprinkled Salty Sailor rub all over. I let it sit in the Fridge overnight. I put the meat on the BGE, and every 30 minutes I basted it with Down and DIRTY Marinade. I cooked the meat at 375 degrees on the Big Green Egg for 1.5 hours roughly. Enough time to smoke a fine cigar and drink a couple of cold beers. Took it off at 125 degrees internal temp and wrapped it for an hour, and let sit to cool down. Then I sliced it and made sandwiches with it, and man was it good.

"Remember, it is always a good time to get DIRTY!"
Todd "The DIRT Man"
www.toddsdirt.com

Attachments

• Baltimore Pit Beef pre cook.jpg
    Baltimore Pit Beef pre cook.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 407
  • Baltimore Pit Beef Cooked.jpg
    Baltimore Pit Beef Cooked.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 407
I'm in the city a.m.d noticed you forgot to invite us locals.

Good looking cook.

Looks fantastic!!! So that's cooked direct over coals? Do you have to roll it around to keep it from getting too done in one spot?

Tastee lookin hunk of meat.I have had a few Pit Beef sandwiches made from Pit Beef cooked on a BGE.They were really good.I left the dirt out though. :doh:

That looks ridiculously good. Now, I want to see what you do with the results.

:pop2:

I grew up just down the road in Arnold! A rare pit beef sammy with horseradish and onions is hard to beat. Looks great! Any sliced pics?

Back