Day off. Cooking for in-laws.

yoursangoma

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Brett
In-laws are in town so I took the day off and am cooking a fatty for breakfast, ribs for lunch, and pastrami/Reubens for dinner. Just got some yardbird and money rubs from big poppa's smokers so did half and half on my rack of ribs. First fatty ever so I did half naked and half with yardbird.

Last edited:
Looks like your off to a great start! The in-laws are gonna be happy this evening :thumb: Thanks for reminding me I made fatties the other day!!! Looks like I'm having a small fatty breakfast before taking the missus out for her birthday this evening!

Ribs are off. I sauced half of the ribs of each rub. Couldn't cut through them cause the meat was falling off the bone. Does that indicate they were overcooked? Still were delicious. In law's devoured them. Even my wife that doesn't like ribs said they were the best she'd eaten. Really loving this yardbird rub. Everyone said it was their favorite.

Last edited:
It all looks great! Most folks round here would say yes, that ribs are overdone if they are falling off the bone. But if it's not for a comp it all comes down to what you and your guests want. Kepp up the good work. It's making me hungry

Back