Dang you Sam's! Your temptations are too great

onemanlan

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Taylor

AKA how I ended up with a new grill/smoker. I have a Weber + Slow n Sear as my main grill, but always wanted the performer. Thanks to this end-of-season sale I now have a grill with built in shelving support. Think I'm going to try to sell the Weber off to a friend in need of a grill since I now have this pretty thing.

Oh man....that's a great deal. I've seen them at mine, and they didn't appear to be selling well. I was wondering if they'd be discounted eventually. Now you have me wonderin'.

Oh man....that's a great deal. I've seen them at mine, and they didn't appear to be selling well. I was wondering if they'd be discounted eventually. Now you have me wonderin'.

You're telling me! I wasn't in there for a grill, but that changed real quick when I saw the steep discount! Heard good things about PK from owners in the past. Didn't think I'd ever see the price drop so low.

The Weber + Slow N Sear is going to be a hard combo to give up. Honestly the SnS really got me using it again more often for ease of 2 zone grilling. Really hoping this will live up to the challenge in a similar way. Seems like it will with the dimensions along with the intake & exhaust port choices.

Good luck on your local Sam's hunting.

Dduuuuuddee! I would be on my way if they sold that up here! I've always wanted one of those and they're not online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m glad I don’t have one close enough that I go too often. I so don’t need that — and yet, it would be pretty hard to pass up

They had a pallet of them by the exit last weekend for the $299. I seriously considered it for a few seconds.

Some folks were able to pick them up for $150 last weekend. One guy posted on the FB group that he bought 4 and would be selling three of them. They showed up locally in mid July at $748 and the whole stack was gone within a week. At $299 I would have still passed, but at $150 I would have taken the chance of divorce papers being filed. Hard to beat a Weber, but you never know.

Thanks,

Robert

Just got back from my Sam's. They didn't have the PK (I've never seen it there), but they did have the Member's Mark imitation of the Weber Performer on clearance.

Normally $300 clearance for $150. Looked like a nice grill. 22 1/2" heavy duty cooking grates. Had a sheet taped to it advertising how it compares favorably to the Performer.

If I needed a grill, I would have bought it:

https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-pro-series-gas-assist-charcoal-grill/prod26560024?xid=plp_product_1

On line site said my store was sold out. Nope, they had like 5 of them. Inventory checkers are wrong often.

Some folks were able to pick them up for $150 last weekend. One guy posted on the FB group that he bought 4 and would be selling three of them. They showed up locally in mid July at $748 and the whole stack was gone within a week. At $299 I would have still passed, but at $150 I would have taken the chance of divorce papers being filed. Hard to beat a Weber, but you never know.

Thanks,

Robert

Dang, $150 would have been much nicer of a deal. Still $300 wasn't too bad in the scheme of things. It's listed at $1000 on PK's website which is a little shocking. $900 on Amazon.

I debated on grabbing the other after seeing the regular price of the grill. Maybe if I peak back in there later & see it I'll grab the other for second hand sales. Tempting.

Hate to hear the deal isn't terribly common elsewhere. Was hoping some of you guys might be able to take advantage. Like the other poster said it might just be a regional thing. At this point my Sam's had already moved out all their Member's Mark grills. These were the only guys left.

Man, that's a heck of a deal on the PK 360. Wonder how that came to be. I've never seen them in a retail space.

Suds,

I believe the guy that bought four is from Kansas City area. Watch Craigslist and Facebook for NIB sales on Marketplace and Craiglist. I fully expect a lot of NIB box sales to start popping up from those that got the discounted deals that want flip them for a profit.

Man, that's a heck of a deal on the PK 360. Wonder how that came to be. I've never seen them in a retail space.

Word on the FB street is Sam's bought out some store's (allegedly some Canadian outfit) inventory that was reducing their stock for whatever reason. PK stated (again word on the street) that Sam's was not an authorized dealer and therefore the grills would not be covered under warranty. This was confirmed by several purchasers.

Congrats to all those that got the deals. The good thing about it is if you decide that you don't like it, you can probably sell it for more than you paid.

Thanks,

Robert

Back