THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Hi All I need a cover for my Shirley 24 x 36 Patio model.
I contacted Paul but it seems like the person who makes the covers for the Shirley's need to have the smoker on hand.
So now I have to look else where. Any recommendations?
Right now I'm using a tarp for Harbor Freight and bungee cords.
Thanks DanB

I have a cover from this company for my LSG vertical offset. Extremely well, made. Top quality zipper, Sunbrella marine fabric (10 year warranty), etc.

Once you provide them with the measurements of your cooker, they will make it to order. All done here in the USA.

These are not the cheapest covers you can get but there is a difference in the long run.

When I asked this question several said to go to an upholstery shop or a place that does marine covers.

Grill Wraps

Hi Sent GRill Wraps and e-mail with size of my Shirley.
They wanted between $526-$659 for the cover..Think I'm going to look around.
Thanks DanB

I went with Suncoast (Grillwraps). Yes, it is pricey. I believe for the vertical offset it was $600 and then almost $400 for the insulated cabinet. But, this is thick, heavy duty material that will last in all kinds of weather. My pits sit unprotected in the hot Texas sun. I didn't want to buy a new cheap cover every couple of years, so I "paid" for one that will last at least 10 years.

If you have one custom made, make sure they put reinforcement material on the inside where your intake and exhaust will be. I would also ask for it any where that there might be an edge that can rub against the material. On the LSG Vertical Offset smoker with warming box, I saw wear at the point where the exhaust pin wheels for the warming box were located. I let Suncoast know about it and they are supposed to add that to their existing design.

Back