Couple of reverse sears on the MAK

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Just under 2" Prime NY Strips seasoned with BPS Double Secret Steak Rub and a light dusting of Killer Hogs Hot Rub for a little bite. Smoked on the top grate @225 until IT hit 125, pulled for a few minutes until the flame zone came up to temp then seared for 2 min on each side, turned out great but the wife said next time go with the Carne Crosta. Didn't get great sear marks because I set the grill temp for 425 to sear but they tasted awesome.

TD1SlJU.jpg

uZYsnTU.jpg

M1wmSKr.jpg

W7XvIiJ.jpg

So Tri Tip coated with Olive Oil, seasoned lightly with BPS Double Secret Steak Rub and a heavy dose of Carne Crosta cooked @225 until IT hit 125, pulled until flame zone came up to temp then seared for 3min on each side. One of the best Tri Tips I've ever cooked.

ZmS5hur.jpg

2sGmsbP.jpg

The MAK is delivering the goods.

Both look great but that Tri Tip got my attention :clap2:

BTW there is a ‘only 3 cooks on it’ MAK 2 on CL but he’s only down to $2400 :mmph:

Both look great but that Tri Tip got my attention :clap2:

BTW there is a ‘only 3 cooks on it’ MAK 2 on CL but he’s only down to $2400 :mmph:

What is the guy including with that MAK (MAK accessories add up fast!)? Can you post a link, would love to see it. Not in the market, just wanna see...lol.

I was not to happy with the Secret steak rub, but I have to try it again. I do have to say that I love, love BPS Cash Cow! Great on Burgers and steak.

Get yourself a set of Grill Grates to go on top of the regular grates and your steaks will have very nice grill marks. You can even flip the Grill Grates over and cook on the flat side if you want more even browning all over the steak. Just make sure you buy a size that does not completely fill up the cooking space of the grill, so that there is still some air flow around the edges.

Back