Corned Beef "Sangwich"

HogGrog

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Greg
I recently smoked an American style Kobe Beef SRF corned beef brisket on the large Egg with pecan and cherry. I did a short 2 hour soak on the beef, changing the water several times then rubbed it down with the seasoning it came with and added more pepper. Cooked for a few hours until about 160 IT, wrapped in butcher paper and rested for about an hour while I tried to figure out how to operate the Insta Pot. Then I asked my wife...and in it went for 40 minutes. It probed tender and smelled and tasted great. Thanks to ShadowDriver and thirdeye, their posts and blog helped guide my cook, and to an old friend from Brooklyn that said "sangwich" instead of sandwich.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_123a.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_123a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 158
  • inqfNo%mTBOvE1IhRPGKcw.jpg
    inqfNo%mTBOvE1IhRPGKcw.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 158
  • 8ZYKuu9hQiKXUghijXQ9VQ.jpg
    8ZYKuu9hQiKXUghijXQ9VQ.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 157
  • EkrNDGa8QJOn59Rh1VyD4g.jpg
    EkrNDGa8QJOn59Rh1VyD4g.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 158
  • r3m61ANFRWucNmE+gDgt7w.jpg
    r3m61ANFRWucNmE+gDgt7w.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 157
Mate, that looks awesome, I love Corned Beef anyway it comes

Great job

Great job on the corned beef ( pastrami ) When I saw the title I just had to read it as one of my Bf's who is now longer with us used to say sangwich all the time. I think it might have been an Italian thing.

Not too salty after a 2 hour soak? I rushed into one corned beef doing a short soak and the salt blew me away. Then again, it wasn't SRF.

It looks fantastic! :thumb:

Once you smoke it, doesn't it by default, become pastrami?
Either way, awesome! And now I'm hungry again... damnit

Not too salty after a 2 hour soak? I rushed into one corned beef doing a short soak and the salt blew me away. Then again, it wasn't SRF.

It looks fantastic! :thumb:

Thanks. Must be the SRF brand cuz I agree 2 hrs isn't long enough for the typical store bought brands. I bought several of these at Costco for $8 -$10 each the day after St. Paddy's Day, at least half price.

Back