THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

caltexchris

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Chris
Got a new pit, of course I want it to look and season well in the elements. I chose to go with the Patina clear coat finish with some rust from the builder which looks amazing. Curious from this group how you care for the outside of your pits? Just let it go and the more oil drippings and discoloration the better? Or do some of you oil your pit's exterior to extend the life and look of the pit. If so, how often and how do you apply? Thanks!

picture.php

If it’s bare metal patina finish, check out quetorials video on linseed oil application on pits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sweet lookin cooker.I cannot advise.Mine are painted.I know one thing.If you want it to keep looking like that,either do not use it or be ready to spend MANY hours rubbing on it.Good luck.

I had my pit finished with linseed oil when I got it instead of paint. Now every 3 cooks I rub the whole thing down with food grade mineral oil. Takes about 10 or so and worth it. It was delivered last June and still looks great. I use the smoker a lot too. I might do the linseed oil rub again before next winter if it looks like it needs it. I do keep it outside up by the house under a eaves and it's covered with a high quality cover.

Btw, your pit is awesome!
e96d68dfa51c83146265bb15c01e00ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back