CL Weber Genesis Gold C gasser

Homebrewed Q

Take a breath!
I've never owned a gas grill, prefer charcoal or wood. That said, I found an ad on my local Craigslist page for a garage sale starting Saturday that has a Weber Genesis Gold C with 2 propane tanks and they're asking $75. If nothing else, its not a bad deal even just for the tanks (I have a propane burner set up that I use for boiling crawfish, brewing beer, frying chicken....etc). They don't have pics of the grill but did tell me its the model without the stainless doors below, and they mentioned that the grills may need to be replaced. They won't sell early so I'm going to try to get out there first thing Sat. morning and check it out. Thoughts by anyone who may have one of these?

I have a Silver "C", and have refurbished a few of them. $75 doesn't sound too bad for a Gold C especially if they are including 2 LPG tanks.

But I would have some concern if they say it may need new grates. Here is the link for the Weber diagram, take it with you and get an idea of what it may need. Take the grates out and inspect the flavorizer bars, the drip tray and runners along with the grease tray and wire holder. Look over the hoses and see if the burners all work.

http://help.weber.com/schematics/view.aspx?model=6750001

Very easy to work on, regulators are secured with wing nuts, lid with pins and hairpin cotters, most parts can be had off the shelf-better yet Weber is offering free shipping through June 30 Promo code DAD2012.

Back