Chilly Sunday Birria in the 505 - w/Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Any Sunday that starts with the loud WHOOSH of a propane burner very close to the house is a good one (first time it's happened to us in 18 months).

59LCLIdl.jpg

OHcR5Mal.jpg

Wanted beef cheeks to go with my chuckie, but that wasn't to be this time around. Heavy Q-Salt on both sides. Smoked on the 26er w/ SnS and some local oak until IT of 160F.

PrgmXyul.jpg

Time to toast, then rehydrate the chilies.

K4RKhwql.jpg

Recipe called for me to use vegetable oil in the bottom of the Instant Pot while I sautee the onions and garlic. Uhm... not if I have this jar of kitchen magic!

QiuuoAIl.jpg

Collected the spices.

Zabt3aFl.jpg

oMGdb9Ul.jpg

Everybody layered into the hot tub with some unsalted chicken stock and the water I used to rehydrate the chilies.

mPm6Sbbl.jpg

It's run through once on high pressure for 30 minutes with a natural release.

Not tender enough.

Just finished up the second 30 minutes and am waiting for the natural release.

Smells ridiculously good in here. Back to NFL RedZone and a greatly needed adult beverage.

More to follow.

Thinking Marc had more than one adult beverage . . .

So there I was... making dinner... serving dinner... eating dinner. Came back to tell y'all about it when I discovered that somebody must've been seriously offended by my Birria (soon-to-be Birria Ramen) to the point that my account was suspended! :shock: :tsk:

NqIOGDAm.png

I'm sorry! (Was relived to discover that all is well and that it was a forum issue, per Ronelle in another post).

How was it Marc

Took all of that last 30 min / natural release cycle... PLUS another 15 min / natural release to finally get the chuckie to relax and get tender. Pulled her out of the pool (and retrieved the cinnamon stick, too).

B3yV5k6l.jpg

Sent the rest of the stuff in the hot tub (to include the bay leaves and garlic cloves and onions and stuff) through the blender until smooth.

Lzx2Lgtl.jpg

Shredded the meat, then returned everybody to the hot tub.

FQDB0ufl.jpg

ljS1Lorl.jpg

Whipped up a small(er) bowl of Birria Ramen for my girl (who had JUST tallied her first official assist and scored her first goal in an organized hockey match the hour before! I have videos, but I don't know how to share them on here...).

keye1kAl.jpg

Got a little crazy with mine and added some cheese to the noodles as everything cooked (like the Korean ramyun I've been making lately).

qUZJt9ol.jpg

Ats5S7Gl.jpg

Happy munchkin. Happy wife.

Thanks for hangin' with me for the anticlimactic ending. Y'all have a great week!

I think that'll do just fine, Marc! Great looking meal and congrats to Munchkin for her outstanding hockey play!

Back