THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grimm5577

is Blowin Smoke!
I made some Chicken Thighs rubbed with Plowboy’s Yardbird rub, and then glazed with Veri Teryaki sauce. In addition I pound and stuffed a split chicken breast with Mac & Cheese with some Jalapaneos. The Breasts were rubbed with Plowboys Fins and Feathers Rub, It’s a great rub, has a good sweet citrus and savory taste. I cooked the chicken over Pecan and Cherry at around 350 Degrees.

imag0385.jpg

imag0388.jpg

imag0393.jpg

imag0394.jpg

imag0396.jpg

imag0400.jpg

imag0405.jpg

And the beverage for the night.
imag0386.jpg

Looks great! I've been thinking about stuffing something with mac & cheese then smoking it... Thanks for taking the plunge for me! How did the mac & cheese stuffed breast turn out, any tips or lessons learned?

The stuffed breast was awesome! But there were 2 things I think I would change up the next time.
1)The mac and cheese wasn't as gooey as I had hoped for, but I fault it for being leftover boxed mac and cheese and I didn't add any more cheese to it, to melt during the cook.

2)The flavor profile from the rub and (forgot to put this in the original post) the Smoke on Wheels BBQ marinade I used at the end of the cook, wasn't the ideal match for mac & cheese. I think the Yardbirds rub, or a rub with more paprika and some heat would have been a better combo. This didn't taste bad, it just didn't compliment each other as well as it could have.

I do have to say though, I think the marinade and rub combination really made the chicken shine. The flavor of the chicken was just amazing. It had a bright citrus buttery refreshing light herb zing to it. Would be great stuffed with some roasted red peppers, fresh mozzarella, garlic, and spinach or something along those lines.

Back