Charity Cook this past weekend

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
I am sure you have had heard me talk about this charity event here and other forums in St. Louis to benefit St Vincent Depaul homeless shelter. Wanted to make sure the brethren were recognized for their work. Well here are the teams that stepped up to the plate and in SVDP and my eyes are Grand Champions this weekend.
Smokin T's
Rick's Pit Stop
Rob Rick's that also brought a smoker
Mike in STL
Big Chief
Brewmaster
St. Louis Butt Rub'nn
The rest of Celtic Nation
Motley Que

They single handedly cooked close to 80 butts and 8 briskets. 24 butts were delivered to SVDP shelter Sat eve. To feed close to 200 patrons. Talking with the SVDP volunteers they said they normally they have one or two customers that compliment them on the dinner but the said most everyone was very joyous for the change from a hamburger base dinner. Most people took seconds and some thirds. Only a little left to serve dinner on Sunday. The rest of the meat was sold to offset the cost of the donated meat. Yes troy there will be a Jan. cook and its date is Jan 25th-26th. I'm sure Jaws and Jell-O shot lady will be back. They were excited to hear everyone coming back to do it again. Troy just be lucky that Rick just shut yours off. I hear he can start rigs on fire. Nate are you sure you wanna be with this crazy bunch. Mike the apple wood that your taking for your self is ready. Just give me a call. Last but not least the photographer that donated his time and took our pics said everyone will get a 5/7 of you at your rig and a group picture for free.
Anyway These people were the Grand champions in STL this weekend

That is a wonderful thing that you all have done. And when I see the phrase "Jell-O shot lady" thrown in there, it certainly sounds like everyone had a great tme doing it too. And why shouldn't you?

Well done!

Here are some pics

ashmont/marty....just how many jello shots did you do?
IMGP1874-1-copy.jpg

my cookers
IMGP1871-1-copy.jpg

the fridge
IMGP1878-1-copy.jpg

IMGP1877-1-copy.jpg

Stumps & Fridge
IMGP1876-1-copy.jpg

Brewmaster's rigs
IMGP1870-1-copy.jpg

if the quality of some pics suck its because they were shot at dusk and i had to lighten them.

Back