THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok so here's the rest. Got a little delayed by "things" :loco:. Was a really fun day. Always great to hang out with friends and eat bbq.

Rib tips has really nice color :-D

Here one of the 2 butts when it was done. I pulled it ahead of time to cool and vacuum seal

Took a sample over to the neighbor who gave me more beam fire :becky:

Rained a little, not pouring, but temps were still fine

Sausage pre and post. Did a ring of andouille and a ring of the corned pork

Mac and wings done

Tips and the other butt

Beef ribs were great. Cubed them all up to serve for everyone

Sausage might have been everyones favorite

All ready :biggrin1:

That's the way to do it up man. It all looks great. Beef ribs look perfect! I wish the weather here wasn't so crappy I need to get my smoke on!

That's the way to do it up man. It all looks great. Beef ribs look perfect! I wish the weather here wasn't so crappy I need to get my smoke on!

Ya can't get enough of the beef ribs. I'm still waiting for them to go on sale again at the international market as my supply is running low. Got a bunch for $2/lb in December and they are normally closer to $4/lb most places.

What kind of cheese was in the ziploc bag?

Also, everything looks freakin amazing. That sausage would be worth the drive to Atlanta.

What kind of cheese was in the ziploc bag?

Also, everything looks freakin amazing. That sausage would be worth the drive to Atlanta.

I forget the name as I quartered it up when I got home and vacuum sealed. Was a "queso" wheel of some sorts I got are RD.

Those sausages, along with everything else, look amazing! How do you keep them from shriveling after cooking?

Those sausages, along with everything else, look amazing! How do you keep them from shriveling after cooking?

A lot of shriveling avoidance from smoking comes from cooling quickly in an ice/water bath. But that is when I smoke and then want to vacuum seal up for a later date.

For the hot cooking and holding for a bit to serve I've found that proper stuffing of the sausage helps. I'm still getting the hang of it, but have a better feel for how full I can stuff the casings and make links. Also not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I have started doing a toothpick prick after casing. Like 1 per link.

Thanks. I love beef rib photos :grin:. This one is from another cook and my favorite to date :clap2:.

That has to be the best beef rib photo I've ever seen!

Looks like your entire cook was a success man! Good to see cooks from you! I'm prepping for a decent cook tomorrow rain or shine on my new vertical offset! Thing is a beauty!

Back