Brisket cooked like Tri-Tip

I can't believe you'd consider cooking meat with a method of an odd number of tips. You should always cook meat with a method of an even number of tips, and preferably 8. I think this experiment should be repeated with the octa-tip method. Only losers would consider a tri-tip method. :tsk:

I had another thought just a bit ago that I wanted to get down in one of these threads.

When I picked out this brisket, I looked for the most flexible one. A lot of people do that when looking for brisket.

Why?

Think about it. If what makes brisket juicy and tender is breaking down the connective tissues that make it tough and rigid, then wouldn't having more connective tissues logically indicate that it would be juicier when cooked to the point of those connective tissues breaking down? There would be more gelatin.

However, experience seems to indicate that a tender brisket is preferable. Maybe that is for flavor. There is more muscle than connective tissue perhaps, making it more flavorful? (just a thought, no data to back it up)

Tri-tip is more flexible and tender than brisket, and it can be cooked like brisket and is still juicy. So there is still sufficient connective tissue to make a juicy product.

Obviously, there may not need to be a lot of connective tissue for it to be juicy when cooked to probe tender, like brisket.

Apparently willkat98 has cooked Pork Loins until they were fork tender with success, along with another brethren who recently posted saying he did the same thing.

This would seem to indicate that even the most tender cuts can still come out juicy when their connective tissues break down.

Just an interesting thing...at least to me. Maybe not to anyone else, but I find it very interesting.

Back to your regularly scheduled tomfoolery.

Back