Brioche Buns on the Bubba Keg

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Tomorrow is Smashburgers Part 2 on the Goldens' for lunch with the family. Rather than going to the market and purchasing another bag of Brioche buns I decided to try my hand at making them.

This will also qualify as an entry into the "Get Baked..." throwdown, I'll enter the official photo in that thread, but here's the full lowdown on the bake.

I used a recipe from TheSpuceEats.com. I've never used this recipe and have never made Brioche buns before, so this is a first.

Starting off with the dough, rising and ready to be cut into 3 oz. dough balls -

Formed into disks for the Smashburger buns -

After another rise, half are going out onto the Bubba Keg, the other half dozen are being baked in the oven. Sort of a "just in case", but more along the lines of a comparison. I'm pretty confident in my abilities. :grin: -

The buns baked inside -

The ones on the Keg are still baking away -

And are done -

Comparison shot, Keg buns are on the right -

One of these will wind up as the throwdown entry -

It was fun baking in the oven and out on the Keg simultaneously. I really didn't have room for a dozen rolls out on the Keg at once anyway. The Keg rolls took about 10 minutes longer. The recipe calls for 7 minutes at 400, then another 10-12 at 350. Easy in the oven, 17 minutes total.

Lowering temps on the Keg isn't as easy as turning a knob.

Final result: I think these are gonna be good! I'll find out tomorrow when lunch is served.

Oh yeah, it smells REALLY good both in the house and outside.

Thanks for following along on this baking experience!

Regards,
-Dom

Back