Brats n Taters

I'm sure the creators have lost a lot of sleep over you refusing to try it.
boring-bored.gif

It really shouldn't be called potato salad. Its more of a potato's and gravy. For the longest time i refused to try it just because the thought of heating up potato salad grossed me out. Also reminded me of hot bacon dressing salad which is gross. I can do cooked spinach, but cooked wilted iceberg lettuce is gross.
Wife and I went to dinner at friends house many years ago. Don't remember what he grilled but she made a salad so awesome I still remember it. Recipe below is similar.

BACON AND MANDARIN ORANGE SPINACH SALAD

It really shouldn't be called potato salad. Its more of a potato's and gravy. For the longest time i refused to try it just because the thought of heating up potato salad grossed me out.

I'll take German Potato salad any day over that mayonnaise covered salmonella in a bowl that's been sitting on the picnic table for the last four hours.

Man that Wurst Kitchen has some really cool flavor combinations! Wonder if they ship... :icon_cool

I'll take German Potato salad any day over that mayonnaise covered salmonella in a bowl that's been sitting on the picnic table for the last four hours.

Im not saying it isn't good. I was just saying that i always thought it was potato salad heated up which always sounded gross to me. But in reality, its potatoes in a gravy of sorts, which sounds much better in that context.

But i will double down on wilted iceberg lettuce being gross.

Im not saying it isn't good. I was just saying that i always thought it was potato salad heated up which always sounded gross to me. But in reality, its potatoes in a gravy of sorts, which sounds much better in that context.

But i will double down on wilted iceberg lettuce being gross.
Completely agree on iceberg. Spinach, arugula, dandelion, and other greens are quite good wilted.

Looks danged fine, Andy! Another fan of hot German tatoe salad here. Elk and kraut too. Looks delicious!!

Back